Classic Meets Contemporary – Room For All The Family On 819m2
Distinctive and desirable with its elevated city-fringe location and a 5 minute walk to cafés, restaurants, the coveted Wilston State School and Eildon Hill Reserve, this home not only offers a great street presence and timeless appeal, but presents an opportunity to put your own stamp on the upper level’s configuration and renovation.
With striking, contemporary renovations already completed on the lower level, live comfortably and stylishly while considering which layout and design features will work best with your lifestyle in the upstairs areas.
This really is a tale of two houses. When the owners decided to re-imagine and rejuvenate this character Queenslander, their vision was to create something beautifully liveable and functional that would make the most of the elevated site’s commanding views and breezes.
The original home has been re-positioned across the two lots and raised to allow soaring 2.8m ceilings to the lower level that, together with new VJ wall linings, complement and provide a continuity of style and space throughout. An oversized double garage with studio/workshop or trailer space has been added, increasing the already sizeable floorplan and providing practical drive through access to the back yard.
Both the interior living and exterior entertaining spaces across the rear of the home are north facing; filled with natural light and warmth. Bifold door openings lead to the wide upper deck and lower terrace, both of which overlook the perfectly sized plunge pool and across the district to the hills beyond. Private from neighbours, an eye-catching mass planting of bamboo along one boundary and established level gardens creates a leafy oasis that is perfect for the adults, kids and pets.
Classically characterful, the existing traditional Queenslander features of fretwork breezeways, wooden floors, an enclosed sleepout and gorgeous timber room divider with leadlight crystal cabinets will provide an exciting blank canvas proposition to this home’s fortunate new owners.
– Welcoming wide entry foyer and walkway, internal staircase
– Retro inspired living and dining areas with hardwearing bamboo floors
– Caesarstone kitchen with sleek styling, Miele d/w, Smeg microwave
– Two air-conditioned bedrooms, both overlooking formal front garden
– On-trend bathroom with classic white tiling, large shower
– Enormous laundry and plenty of storage throughout
– Large double garage with increased height, drive through feature
– Three bedrooms plus enclosed sleepout with city glimpses
– Options exist to open rooms, extending formal and family areas
– North facing full-width deck for dining, lounging and entertaining
– 3.2 metre ceiling height throughout, original working kitchen
– Industrial-edged family bathroom with clawfoot bath
– Study or library nook, traditional window features
– Private entertaining terrace and pool area, level fully fenced yard
– Established landscaped gardens, mature mango tree
– Large solar inverter system providing great energy savings
– 2500 litre slimline water tanks plumbed to irrigate gardens
With an unbeatable location that is only 6km from the city, the growth potential that this property presents now and into the future is outstanding. Convenient shopping, dining, desirable schools and public transport are all within easy reach.
Please contact me today for more information and inspection open times.